Welcome, Adult Degree Program students!
Even if you do not have much time to visit the Library in person, take advantage of our online services and help, such as our Catalog, GALILEO, Ask a Librarian, and more. Visit the links below for more information.
What are your hours?
See our Hours page.
Most books, movies, sound recordings, and reserve materials circulate, though some reserve items are limited to library-use only.
Items that do not circulate, unless by special arrangement, are:
- periodicals (magazines, journals, and newspapers)
- reference books
- microfilm and microform
- special collections materials
Is there a limit on the number of items that OU students, staff, and faculty can check out?
Books: 30 days, 2 renewals
Audiovisual materials: 7 days, 2 renewals
Reserve materials: varies by item, usually 3 hours, 3 days, or overnight
To renew materials online, go to Your Account in the library catalog. Enter your barcode and your last name to access your patron record and renew online.
Items can be renewed online, over the phone, or in person. After you have reached your renewal limit, items must be brought to the Circulation Desk for additional renewals.
- Students do not pay fines on standard overdue items, but replacement costs are assessed once items become 40 days overdue.
- Students who have any overdue items will have registration and transcripts blocked until items are renewed or returned.
- Overdue fines accrue on recalled items at $1.00 per day.
- Overdue fines accrue on reserve items at $1.00 per day.
- Library privileges will be suspended and transcripts and registration will be blocked if:
- Replacement costs have been assessed and remain unpaid, or
- Another ARCHE library has notified us that you have outstanding fines or fees on your ILU patron account.
- Replacement cost of the item
- Processing fee: $25.00
- Lost or damaged items will be replaced after one academic year. Patrons not returning items within that period will be billed for the cost.
A hold is a process to request an item that is currently checked out. The current borrower will not be able to renew the item, and you will be next in line to receive it once the item is returned.
Inform the circulation staff which item you want to place on hold. When the item is returned, you will be notified that the item is available for pick-up at the Circulation Desk.
If a book is already checked out, the current borrower will be notified that another patron needs the book and will be asked to return it early.
Notify a staff member at the Circulation Desk.
Any item you have had checked out for at least two weeks is subject to recall. If another user requests the item, you will receive a recall notice. Return the item by the new due date on the recall notice to avoid a fine.
You have 7 days from the day the notice was sent to return the item.
Please notify the library staff. You will be notified within 2 business days about the status of the item.
Check with the library staff, who may be able to locate it for you.