Current students, faculty, and staff of Oglethorpe University may access most of the library's licensed research resources from off-campus.
Please contact the library if you are experiencing any problems accessing resources off-campus. Be sure you are accessing GALILEO through the Philip Weltner Library webpage if you are off-campus.
Many GALILEO resources require Oglethorpe's password for off-campus access. You will be prompted if the password is necessary to use a resource. You may also enter the password in the "Home/Password Access" box on the GALILEO homepage.
To locate the current GALILEO password:
- In the Library Catalog, click the YOUR ACCOUNT link
- Type in your Petrelpass barcode and your last name. Click LOGIN.
Your Library Account information will display
- In the top menu bar, click the REQUEST button
- The screen will read "Please choose your request" with "GALILEO Password" in the menu
- Click OK
- The password will now display
If you do not know your Petrelpass barcode, please visit the Circulation desk or contact the library staff.
Video Tutorial - Locating the GALILEO Password
We are not permitted to distribute the password over the telephone.
Oglethorpe's password changes 4 times a year: May 17th, June 15th, August 16th, and January 3rd.