Research Methods in Communication (COM 390)
- Academic Search Premier A multidisciplinary database that contains abstracts and some full-text content. Indexes both scholarly and popular journals.
Journal of Broadcasting & Electronic Media (1990 - present)
Media History (12/1/1988 - 1 year ago)
- Communication and Mass Media Complete Index to literature relating to communication and mass media studies, including some full text.
- Research Library A multidisciplinary database that contains abstracts and some full-text content. Indexes both scholarly and popular journals.
Journal of Communication (1/1/1988 - 6/1/1999)
Critical Studies in Media Communication (3/1/1992 - present)
Journal of Popular Culture (1/1/1988 - present)
- Wilson OmniFile: Full Text Mega Edition: (Choose the appropriate subject subsets for your topic.) A multidisciplinary database that contains abstracts and some full-text content. Indexes both scholarly and popular journals.
Communication Quarterly (2000 - present)
- LexisNexis Academic (On-campus only) Full text news (including translations of international papers), business, legal, medical, and reference information.
- ABI/INFORM Complete A business and management database that contains abstracts and some full-text content. Indexes both scholarly and popular journals.
- Current Contents Connect (scholarly journals at ISI) Index and abstracts for articles in scholarly journals and other research literature. Covers 1997 - present.
To find journal articles once you have a citation:
1. Look for the journal title in the Journal Locator - an alphabetical list of our electronic and print journal holdings.
2. If your journal is listed, check that the issue you need is available. Journals that are available electronically have the dates of coverage listed next to the database link(s). For journals available in print or on microfilm, you will see a link to the library catalog labeled "Philip Weltner Library Print/Microfilm Holdings." This will tell you what issues we have in the library.
- Writing & Citing This page links to resources that provide writing tips and instructions for citing sources in multiple formats (APA, MLA, Chicago, etc.).
- Statistical Abstract of the United States
Ref. HA 202
Online version: http://www.census.gov/statab/www/
- University of Michigan Documents Center: Statistical Resources on the Web
- Government & Politics (WWW links)
- Encyclopedia of Associations, 2001.
Ref. AS 22 .E5
INFOMINE: Scholarly Internet Resource Collections
INFOMINE is a virtual library of Internet resources relevant to faculty, students, and research staff at the university level. It contains useful Internet resources such as databases, electronic journals, electronic books, bulletin boards, mailing lists, online library card catalogs, articles, directories of researchers, and many other types of information. This resource is built and maintained by librarians.
VoS: Voice of the Shuttle.
This is a well-respected "gateway" site to academic resources in the humanities. The site is maintained by Alan Liu, Univerity of California, Santa Barbara. You may want to start with the Media Studies section.